[Bioperl-l] Bio::SimpleAlign replace sequence

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:40:33 UTC 2011

Hi

Is it possible to replace a sequence itself for a Bio::Locatable Seq
in SimpleAlign.
I'd like to change the sequence string for a sequence in the alignment directly.
I could remove this sequence and add it but this will change the
order. (I remember a patch was made to insert a sequence with add_seq
at a specific position, but still).

I'd like to do change a sequence like this. I realize the below cannot
work, but is there an option to do this?

$aln->get_seq_by_pos(1)->seq = "MMM";

that is via the methods, instead of doing something low level like

$aln->{_seq}->{myname}->{seq} = "MMM";

Regards,
Bernd