[Bioperl-l] SeqIO: paired end reads

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 21:17:01 UTC 2011

it depends on the assembler - For Illumina usually the paired ends end with /1 /2 and they have the same ID but are in two different files. Depends on if you are using interleaved paired reads or in two separate files.  some just expect the paired reads to be mated by virtue of being in same order in two files.  the ABYSS and Velvet manuals both explain what is expected so you will want to check on what are Newbler's assumptions on how the paired ends are encoded.

There are simulator tools if that is what you are trying to do in the end?
checkout wgsim which comes with samtools or try dnaa