[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlastPlus Question

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Fri Apr 1 08:07:06 UTC 2011

Hi Veronica,

I took a look and couldn't figure out how to do an update to an existing
database, either. But I also couldn't find a clear example of how to do this
with just the blast+ command-line tools (outside of Perl).

Well, it looks like you can create a new, virtual database using
blastdb_aliastool. Is that what you mean? If not, could you provide an
example command line of how to update an existing blast database using the
blast+ command-line tools?

Also, Ccing Mark Jensen — he can probably answer this straight away.

Dave