[Bioperl-l] Generating a consensus sequence from a Clustal alignment

Jun Yin jun.yin at ucd.ie
Tue Oct 19 08:17:58 UTC 2010

Hi, Bill,

There are several methods you can choose from Bio::SimpleAlign to build
subalignment. For example, you can use $aln->slice  to get part of your
alignment, and then you can calculate concensus sequence from subalignment.
Another method $aln->remove_gaps, which can remove gap containing columns.

Cheers,

Jun Yin

Ph.D. student in U.C.D.

Bioinformatics Laboratory