[Bioperl-l] Pfam database

NamNAme parametres-personnels at hotmail.fr
Sun May 23 15:57:14 UTC 2010

Dear all,
A few weeks  ago I wrote a program that need the pfam database, and I tested
it on the first version of pfam where each protein family sequences are in
one file.
But now I would like to test it on the last version of pfam but  the
organization changed.
I've found a file called Pfam-A.fasta which contains sequences and the
family they belong to. But the sequences inside are not complete.
So, I've two questions : Why these sequences are not complete ?
And, How can I find a file with complete sequences and the family they
belong to ?
Thank you for your help.
Bye.
P-S : There is the file pfamseq, I tried to make a script to read it and
then retreive the database structure i want but, this file is enourmous and
use too much memory so it crashed.