[Bioperl-l] G.U.I for bioperl on XP and possibly Vista

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 22 20:33:48 UTC 2010

If I were doing a GUI for BioPerl, I would certainly not try to use
Java.  You could have a look at how Padre, the Perl IDE (written in Perl
is implemented): http://search.cpan.org/~plaven/Padre-0.58/  They use
wx, I think.

But, a simple web or command-line application would be far easier to
write, in any language, if you can find somewhere to host it.

Rob