[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::SeqFeature spliced_seq()

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Mar 22 20:26:15 UTC 2010

Yes it needs a special case I guess - since spliced_seq should work,
however ...  The only problem is that if both exons and CDS are
sub-features you have to be smart enough to not grab both...

So I have just relied on specialized dumping scripts for gff3_to_cds for
my own needs (i.e.
http://github.com/hyphaltip/genome-scripts/blob/master/seqfeature/dbgff_to_cdspep.pl
).
But you might also see what the Gbrowse plugin dumpers do.

-jason