[Bioperl-l] StandAloneBlastPlus

Janine Arloth janine.arloth at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:25:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am running blast+ and want to create blastdb, depending on a checkbox. That means when mydb is to old then I want to rebuilt the blastdb files and create a ''new'' db.
When the latest versions of my files is ok, then  blast should ran with the existing db.
Using this code, there I  will never built a new db. It is creating and than it does not create a new one.

if($checkbox eq 'yes'){

$fac = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus->new(
	-prog_dir => "/usr/local/ncbi/blast/bin",
	-db_name  => 'mydb',
	-db_data  => 'xxx.fa',
	-create   => 1);
}
else{

$fac = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus->new(
   -db_name => 'mydb');
}

Thanks for helping