[Bioperl-l] Plotting per-nucleotide-score vs. genome

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 14:51:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM, David Breimann
<david.breimann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have calculated some numeric score for each nucleotide in some
> genbank file.I would like to plot these scores against the genome.

As a quick solution you could use Artemis. Load the GenBank file,
then menu Graph, Add User Plot, and pick a plot file. There are
several supported formats but the simplest is one score per line
(one line per nucleotide). You can use several scores per line (i.e.
several scores per nucleotide) and then you get several different
color lines on the plot. See:

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/resources/software/artemis/