[Bioperl-l] How to run blastn with -task blastn option from Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus?

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Wed Jun 9 03:31:54 UTC 2010

Without digging thru the code, I think the developer can call the parameters whatever he likes and if he wants to use "-method " instead of "-task " there's probably a good reason (right MAJ?)

If you write code as in the docs, does it give you the same results as when you run bl2seq manually from the command line?
When you run it via BioPerl, does " -method => 'blastn' " give you a different result to " -method => 'megablast' " or " -method => 'dc-megablast' "

--Russell