[Bioperl-l] How to run blastn with -task blastn option from Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus?

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Tue Jun 8 23:09:33 EDT 2010

Why are you trying to supply option '-task blastn' ??
I think the docs make it fairly clear that this is not one of the available parameters.
The option " -method => 'blastn' " (as detailed in the docs) is the one to use.
http://doc.bioperl.org/releases/bioperl-current/bioperl-run/lib/Bio/Tools/Run/StandAloneBlastPlus/BlastMethods.html

# create a factory:
 $fac = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus->new();

# do a bl2seq
 $fac->bl2seq( -method => 'blastn',
               -query => $seq_object_1,
               -subject => $seq_object_2 );

Unless I've missed something and Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus is completely broken (which is possible as it's development code) something similar to the example should work.

--Russell