[Bioperl-l] reroot looses branch information

Robson de Souza robfsouza at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:04:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm playing with some tree methods from Bio::Tree::TreeFunctionI and I
found that Bio::Tree::TreeFunctionI::reroot looses the bootstrap
support for the branch leading to the ancestor of the new root.
Therefore, when calling reroot, I'm using code like

my $ancestor = $newroot->ancestor;
my $support = $newroot->bootstrap if (defined $ancestor);
$tree->reroot($newroot);
$ancestor->bootstrap($support) if (defined $support && defined $ancestor);

There seems to be some code in reroot() to prevent that but I don't
know why this is happening...

Could you please check and fix that?
Cheers,
Robson