[Bioperl-l] Trouble in converting abi files to phd files by Bio::SeqIO

Aaron Mackey amackey at virginia.edu
Thu Jul 22 00:36:02 UTC 2010

Doesn't Bio::SeqIO::abi fall back to Chad's pure-perl solution if the
bioperl-ext modules are not installed?

Regardless, can you get a dump of the $seq objects before you hand them off
to Bio::SeqIO::phd -- have the qual scores already been lost (problem with
the abi reader), or not (problem with the phd writer)?

And a basic question -- I assume your .abi files actually have quality
values in them (not all do)?

-Aaron