[Bioperl-l] 85% ATGCN

armendarez77 at hotmail.com armendarez77 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:58:11 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

This sort of worked.  The script still dies with the same complaint when the primer sequence is 19 bases long and starts with an 'n':

Sequence [nGCnGTGCGTTGGTCnTTG]  is less than 85% ATGCN, which doesn't look very DNA to me at ....

However, other 19bp long sequences with 3 internal n's are allowed.  Is there another way to prevent the script from dying when it comes across these sequences or should I just not allow these sequences to be processed?

Thanks,

Veronica