[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast return codes

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 15 06:33:50 UTC 2010

Scott,

I think this is fine (to change the third condition and retry with a specific code).  The other possibility is to simply throw different exceptions under each of these circumstances, which can be caught via eval to allow a retry under only certain conditions (no content, for instance).

One interesting bit: I think (though I'm not sure) the new BLAST+ allows remote BLAST queries from command line, similar to the legacy blastcl3.  Mark just wrote up a BLAST+ wrapper, so it might be worth testing that theory out.

chris

PS - BTW, nice to finally meet you at GMOD!