[Bioperl-l] reading blast report

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jan 14 19:53:29 UTC 2010

What aspects of the report are you loading?  You might consider the
blast report as tab-delimited (-m 8 format) if you only are interested
in start/end positions and scores of ailgnments which is a simpler and
reduced dataset that has lower memory footprint by the parser.

Searchio (default) -format => blast - you can try the BLAST -format =>
blast_pull instead which lazy parses to create objects and will reduce
memory consumption.

-jason