[Bioperl-l] create Bio::AlignIO object from hash

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:40:33 UTC 2010

Hi Adam,

I'm guessing you actually want to create a Bio::SimpleAlign object
(representing an alignment), rather than a Bio::AlignIO object (which is
just for reading/writing alignment files). Bio::SimpleAlign has a
documented new method that allows you to construct an alignment from
Bio::LocatableSeq objects, which are similar to Bio::Seq objects but
include gaps and start/end coordinates to describe their relationship to
other sequences in the alignment.

Roy.