[Bioperl-l] Tons of test failing in bioperl-live

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:08:33 UTC 2010

One of the things I observe in dealing with the ongoing rapid upgrades to
the chrome browser is the extent to which Google seems to be running
continuous tests (due to the massive amount of hardware they have
available).  Is it reasonable to use spare cloud computing resources to rund
the tests in the cloud at Google, Amazon, IBM, etc?  (Or NCBI/JGI/Sanger
when their blast servers have idle moments?)

Is there some estimate of how long the test suite takes?  I'm about to
upgrade hardware and might have substantially more space & CPU available to
run tests on a semi-frequent basis.

Just a suggestion.
R.