[Bioperl-l] load_seqdatabase.pl

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:29:08 UTC 2010

Hi Krzysztof,

The reasons for this are discussed in this post on the BioSQL list:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2005-March/000751.html

In short - BioPerl does not perform any magic to insert the db_xref
feature tags where you might expect (ie. the seqfeature_dbxref table).
It should be possible to write a SeqProcessor to do so, although it's
pretty easy to access them where they are with a query like:
SELECT * FROM seqfeature_qualifier_value s JOIN term t USING(term_id)
WHERE t.name='db_xref'

Roy.