[Bioperl-l] Bio::Assembly::IO::bowtie circular dependency?

Dan Kortschak dan.kortschak at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Feb 9 20:51:55 UTC 2010

Hi Rob,

Yes, I considered the problems involved in including B:A:IO:b in
bioperl-live because of that. Though I don't see it as a circularity
issue, just a straight dependency one.

>From memory (and a quick look at the .pm and .t files), in the absence
of bioperl-run the test should just be ignored (they currently are not
skipped - I will add that) and inclusion of the module in code should
fail informatively, so I don't really see that as a problem. If it is
seen as a problem though I think the best approach would be to migrate
it to bioperl-run, rather than placing it in it's own package -
bioperl-run already depends on bioperl-live, so all internal
dependencies would nominally be satisfied (samtools and other
executables are outside our control).

Other opinions?

cheers
Dan

--

  By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response
  may be forwarded to other recipients, unless otherwise specified.