[Bioperl-l] Refseq Version

shalu sharma sharmashalu.bio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:55:55 UTC 2010

Hi Russell,
               Thanks for your response.
I am getting the number of sequence in the database but not the release
number (like 38, 39).
This is what i did:

$ fastacmd -I -d /db/ncbiblast/refseq/refseq_protein
Database: NCBI Protein Reference Sequences
           7,585,993 sequences; 2,644,770,521 total letters

File names:
/db/ncbiblast/refseq/refseq_protein.00