[Bioperl-l] Suppress warnings for Bio:.LocatableSeq:.end()

Kevin L. Keys klkeysb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:16:09 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I am using BioPerl to download multiple alignments from the Ensembl
databases. I keep getting the following message:

MSG: In sequence $(...) residue count gives end value (####).
Overriding value [####] with value (####) for Bio::LocatableSeq::end().

where $(...) is an Ensembl transcript ID and the #'s represent digits.

I suspect that BioPerl is complaining about varying sequence lengths.
For my project, this is no concern of mine since I control for it
after downloading. Is there a way to suppress this warning so that it
doesn't clog my terminal feed?

many thanks,
KLK