[Bioperl-l] fasta header replace

odclerck odclerck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 07:44:14 UTC 2010

Hi,
Was wondering if someone had an easy script available that converts the
headers of a fasta sequences to a value stored in a separate text file.

Macrogen produces files with sequences that look more or less like this:
>100825-30_I01_CF_CentralAmerica1_A1_psbAF.ab1	1012, 1000 bases, 0 checksum.

I can filter out the position on the plate e.g. "A1" easily but would like
to replace this with the name of the strain stored in a different text file,
e.g. "A1_D1222".

Realize this sounds pretty basic to most of you, but I'm pretty new at
scripting.
Olivier