[Bioperl-l] [RFC] Interolog::Walk

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Wed Aug 18 16:52:58 UTC 2010

Hi Giuseppe,

Sounds really interesting — thanks for posting this.

> Bio::Orthology::InterologWalk

I vote for this name, or in any case something with Bio:: as the top-level namespace since it's a biology-related package.

I like that you're providing a lot of background and information about the project in the documentation. However, the USAGE section should give information about how to use the module, with example code. You can look at other modules on CPAN (or in BioPerl) to see the conventions for writing documentation.

Also, from what you wrote, it sounds like this might be a pipeline or a script rather than a module per se, or perhaps a script and a set of modules. It would be helpful to clarify in your documentation (if you haven't already) how exactly things are organized (and of course example code will help with that, too).

Hope that's helpful, and let us know when you've got it up on CPAN so we can try it out!

Dave