[Bioperl-l] about gene "boundaries"

shafeeq rim hsa_rim at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 29 06:57:13 UTC 2010

Hi Dimitar,

Attached is a C++ program to do your job. It is extremely faster than perl. Can do your job in less than a second even for full chromosome 1.

Steps:-
1- Download FASTA file and then remove the header. (>asdasfdasfassa)
2- Use RemoveNewline.pl program like this
     RemoveNewline.pl inputfile > outputfile
3- You have to compile the C++ program using this command.

g++ ExtractSequence.cpp -o ExtractSequence
4- Then you can use the C++  program like this in linux:-

./ExtractSequence inputfilename start stop
 or
In Windows

ExtractSequence inputfilename start stop

e.g:- ExtractSequence chr1.fasta 10000  20000

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ashfaq