[Bioperl-l] Bio::Index::Fastq - Interface for indexing (multiple) fastq files failure

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Wed Apr 7 15:25:05 UTC 2010

c.f. http://github.com/acr/screed

-----Original Message-----
From: bioperl-l-bounces at lists.open-bio.org [mailto:bioperl-l-bounces at lists.open-bio.org] On Behalf Of KOVALIC, DAVID K [AG/1000]
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 1:28 PM
To: bioperl-l at bioperl.org
Subject: [Bioperl-l] Bio::Index::Fastq - Interface for indexing (multiple) fastq files failure

Hi,

Using the example code for this module I get an error building an index
file:

		>index_fastq Run101_s11_test_index
100108_SOLEXA-02_0101_PE_61810AAXX/s_1_1_sequence.txt
		sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key
"SOLEXA-02_0001:1:55:1110:290#0/1" at
/bli/lib/SunOS/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/Index/Abstract.pm line 714, <FASTQ> line 30369077.

The code to build index file/retrieve sequences works on small test file but not the real data (fasyq file from single Illumina GAII lane). Here is the code for building the index.

Index_fastq:
		# Complete code for making an index for several
		# fastq files
		use Bio::Index::Fastq;
		use strict;

		unless (scalar @ARGV >= 2){die "ERROR index_fastq:
Usage: index_fastq <index file name> <(list of) fastq file(s) to index> \n\n"}

		my $Index_File_Name = shift;
		my $inx = Bio::Index::Fastq->new('-filename' => $Index_File_Name,'-write_flag' => 1);
		   $inx->make_index(@ARGV);

Any idea what the problem might be and how to fix it? Let me know if you have any insight. Thanks,

David

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.