[Bioperl-l] Nexus symbols

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Wed Sep 30 22:40:33 UTC 2009

-show_symbols => 0

If you use bp_sreformat.pl script specify --special="mrbayes" it will
set both of the endblock and show_symbols values to 0.

perldoc Bio::AlignIO::nexus

        new

         Title   : new
         Usage   : $alignio = Bio::AlignIO->new(-format => ’nexus’, -
file => ’filename’);
         Function: returns a new Bio::AlignIO object to handle
clustalw files
         Returns : Bio::AlignIO::clustalw object
         Args    : -verbose => verbosity setting (-1,0,1,2)
                   -file    => name of file to read in or with ">" -
writeout
                   -fh      => alternative to -file param - provide a
filehandle
                               to read from/write to
                   -format  => type of Alignment Format to process or
produce

                   Customization of nexus flavor output

                   -show_symbols => print the symbols="ATGC" in the
data definition
                                    (MrBayes does not like this)
                                    boolean [default is 1]
                   -show_endblock => print an ’endblock;’ at the end
of the data
                                    (MyBayes does not like this)
                                    boolean [default is 1]