[Bioperl-l] DB_File dependency and ActiveState 5.10

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:50:34 UTC 2009

I do support doing this for sheer flexibility, but it's not an
absolute showstopper for ActivePerl.  There is a working DB_File PPM
available for ActivePerl 5.10.1 in the Trouchelle PPM repo:

http://trouchelle.com/ppm10/

That repo is listed in the 'Suggested' list in the latest PPM4
Preferences (Repositories tag). I had to install it to fix that WinXP
Bio::Index bug.

(Based on that Bio::Index modules also have this requirement, at least
tests were being skipped based on lack of DB_File)

chris