[Bioperl-l] Getting read position information from an ACE file?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:09:09 UTC 2009

2009/9/18 Mark A. Jensen <maj at fortinbras.us>:
> Dan -- I don't know much about Assembly, so can't help there. But can I
>  encourage you and perhaps one or two others (steganographic content:
> fangly) to create a HOWTO stub out of this? Would be excellent-

I'd love to. ACE is pretty ubiquitous, so any additional info on how
to work with them using BioPerl should help a lot of people.

The problem is that I'm one of those people ;-)

I'm working on an 'ace2tab.plx' script that should encompass this
info. I'm finding that some 'read ids' have the .range format. i.e.
"read123455.23-239". However, some do not. i.e. "read123456". Not sure
where this ID comes from, but I think its telling me something about
partially aligned reads. The problem is that the coordinates I'm
seeing don't reflect that (they are just the start and the end point
of the full read).

A 'proper' ace2tab script would be very nice.