[Bioperl-l] BioPerl 1.6.0 alpha 3 released

Kristine Briedis KBriedis at accelrys.com
Wed Sep 23 20:52:09 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

We tested BioPerl 1.6.0 alpha 3 with our set of Pipeline Pilot regressions and noticed a small problem.  The fasta validation check for '>' in SeqIO::fasta (line 127) throws when used with Index::Fasta on Windows because the position after '>' is being indexed.  It looks like you already fixed the same problem for Linux (comment in line 190 of Index::Fasta).  Do you want me to put this into bugzilla?  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Cheers,
Kristine