[Bioperl-l] problem in installation of bioperl

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 28 16:47:17 UTC 2009

I would rather leave it, as it restricts any install on any OS to
using that version, not just ActiveState/Windows.  The module
dependency is on ActiveState's end (it's their PPM that's listing the
dependency), not ours, and everything installs fine.  I'll check with
the ActiveState bug db and see if this has been filed.

Also, just to note, I don't recall this being a problem with
Strawberry Perl.  The installation there was much simpler and direct,
straight from CPAN.

chris