[Bioperl-l] Installing Bio-perl on dreamhost via CPAN

Chu, Roy roychu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:21:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

Does anyone use dreamhost as a web hosting service?  I'm just curious
if anyone has had any luck installing the module as their daemon seems
to kill my process whenever I try to install it.  Dreamhost tech
support attributes it to either exceeding the allocated memory cache
or exceeding the processing time.  I tried to nice the process, but
that didn't help for me.  Any luck or experience in resolving this
would be much appreciated.  I suppose my next attempt would be to try
installing it directly and hope I don't need root...

Thanks,
Roy