[Bioperl-l] A question about iBio::Index: and its correct use

jluis.lavin at unavarra.es jluis.lavin at unavarra.es
Fri Nov 6 08:44:45 UTC 2009

Thank you for the info Florent!
I´ll try to read al the information on the link you provided and try to
figure out how to make it work and if it is worthy for me, I mean, I work
with several sequence files that come from multiple databases (JGI, BROAD,
Genolevures or NCBI). Protein IDs from each of those databases is
different from NCBI. Maybe it could be easier to write a script that
allows me to enter a fasta file with all the protein models of a single
organism, parse it and then extract the sequences of a given list (using
the "ID style" of the particular database) than creating a BLAST index for
each organism I need to work with...Did I explain the issue correctly?
Anyway, since I don´t know anything about this tool Hans and you provided
me, I can easily be wrong...
Thank you for showing me the local BLAST Index tool, I´ll read the
documentation carefully and study all its possibilities.

Best wishes

JL

--
Dr. José Luis Lavín Trueba