[Bioperl-l] problem with bioperl install

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri May 29 22:10:14 UTC 2009

Kristina Fontanez wrote:
> Hello everyone-
>
> Sendu - I took your advice but doing Install Bundle::CPAN did not take
> care of the dependencies. It still failed. See attached txt file with my
> terminal output. Does anyone have any idea how this might be?

 From reading the output it seems like perhaps you don't have 'make' or
there is something wrong when using it. If you're on a mac you may need
to install the dev tools. Someone else want to jump in here with advice?

Also, check your CPAN configuration to ensure it is trying to use the
correct make commands. ('o conf' etc.)

> If I wanted to wipe all perl from my computer and simply start over, how
> might this be accomplished?

Don't do that. At least not until you know you have a working make setup.