[Bioperl-l] bioperl-dev or branch?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon May 25 20:36:09 UTC 2009

I'm not sure the discussion ever ended in a real decision re: Chase
Miller's Summer of Code project.

My understanding of the consensus is that it being new and
experimental code it should first come to life on bioperl-dev, main
trunk. Existing modules that need to be altered should either be
altered on bioperl-live main trunk or, if the modifications are
expected to be too disruptive, on a branch of bioperl-live that is
expressly created for this purpose (i.e., will be folded back into
main trunk before the conclusion of the summer).

Does that match what everyone else thought?

	-hilmar