[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Google Summer of Code student Xin Shuai

Xin Shuai xshuai at umail.iu.edu
Fri May 15 01:52:40 UTC 2009

Thank you for everyone's help during my application. I will do my best to
accomplish it.Since I'm a totally newcomer in Bio* language program, I will
have a lot to ask during the following months and hope to get your help!

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at gmx.net> wrote:

> Welcome David, good luck with your project, and I hope (actually, am quite
> certain) that you'll enjoy your summer with us.
>
>        -hilmar
>

> On May 14, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>
>  All,
>>
>> I am proud to introduce Xin 'David' Shuai, my student for the Google
>> Summer of Code 2009, to the Open Bioinformatics community.  David's project
>> centers on developing SWIG-based bindings to libsequence (a population
>> genetics library) for the BioLib project:
>>
>> http://biolib.open-bio.org/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>> Besides myself, David will be co-mentored by Mark Jensen and Pjotr Prins.
>>
>> As the BioLib project centers on creating common, maintainable SWIG-based
>> bindings to popular bioinformatics libraries for the various Bio* toolkits,
>> we will likely need input from the various Open Bio communities at various
>> stages in the project.  At this time, David's initial plans are to develop
>> and test libsequence bindings for Perl and Python.
>>
>> David's proposal and project plan are available here:
>>
>> http://biolib.open-bio.org/wiki/User:David
>>
>> Congratulations David, and welcome to the Open-Bio community!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Christopher Fields
>> University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
>> Institute for Genomic Biology
>> Urbana, IL 61801

> : Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:-  hlapp at gmx dot net :

Xin Shuai (David)
PhD of Complex System in School of Informatics
Indiana University Bloomington
812-606-8019