[Bioperl-l] Error with bioperl

Barrie, Assiatu B ABARRIE at uta.edu
Thu May 14 17:55:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

I downloaded the developer's tools, reconfig make, but I am still running into an error when I go to install bioperl (here is message). I will really appreciate the help, I really need Bioperl installed on my Mac.
# running Build.PL
/usr/bin/perl Build.PL
BioPerl minimal core version 1.006000 is required for BioPerl-run
Couldn't run Build.PL:  at /Library/Perl/5.8.8/Module/Build/Compat.pm line 261.
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

Assiatu Barrie
Research Assistant
University of Texas at Arlington
Biology Department Box 19498