[Bioperl-l] Asking for advice on full EMBL extraction

brian li brianli.cas at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:48:32 UTC 2009

open $fh, "gunzip -c rel_ann_mus_01_r99.dat.gz | awk
'!/^FT|^CO/{print}' |" works.
open $fh, "gunzip -c rel_ann_mus_01_r99.dat.gz | awk '!/^SQ|^
/{print}' |" segfaults.

So it seems the features are causing problems. Although I still don't
know how that hurts my os to pop a segfault, my extraction can move on
again. Maybe I can find a clue when I know more about my os's memory
management strategy.

Really appreciate all your help.

-Brian