[Bioperl-l] More on Eutilities get_Response problem

Warren Gallin wgallin at ualberta.ca
Thu May 7 23:00:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

	I am using the get_response method inside a loop, so I want to
iteratively append the retrieved material to a file.

	If I pass temp_hold.gb as the file parameter a file called
temp_hold.gb is created and that file is successively overwritten as I
cycle through the loop.

	If I pass >temp_hold.gb as the file parameter a file called
temp_hold.gb is created and that file is successively overwritten as I
cycle through the loop.

	If I pass >>temp_hold.gb as the file parameter a file called
 >temp_hold.gb (yes, the > is part of the file name) is created and
that file is successively overwritten as I cycle through the loop.

	Could it be that the way the file parameter is passed in has been
slightly broken so it is no loner reading the >> as an indicator to
append?

Warren Gallin