[Bioperl-l] bioperl / emboss on windows

uludag at ebi.ac.uk uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 4 16:26:20 UTC 2009

> Okay, so I assume everything works then?  I remember getting this to
> work at some point on WinXP years ago (I have since moved on to Linux/
> Mac).

I cannot say everything works but it looks like at least basic things are
working. I just tested the 'water' example given on top of EMBOSS.pm.
Example Bio::Seq inputs were properly transferred to 'water' and bioperl
was able to construct Bio::AlignIO object from the output file EMBOSS
generated.

In the example, 'water' inputs are named as 'sequencea' and 'seqall',
however, i needed to rename them as 'asequence' and 'bsequence' (i use
mEMBOSS-6.0.1).

Regards,
Mahmut