[Bioperl-l] bioperl-dev goes live!

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Sun Mar 29 03:24:10 UTC 2009

Certainly Build and Test should be there, right?
Yes, we could, probably should leave out the
rest until they are being actively worked on, since
any work should start from the latest live version,
I suppose. dev would be a good place to play with
bequeath/bequest; perhaps it should stay there,
since I'd like to start exploring that.

re: building bioperl-dev-- since people will
essentially be working on "private" extensions
or enhancements, the build process shouldn't
install everything by default, but should be
driven more by user choices than, say, the
core installation is. Is this a fair assessment?