[Bioperl-l] walk through array of two sequences splitted into codons

manni122 markus.liebscher at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 18:16:26 UTC 2009

I have an array with two sequences that are splitted into their codons.
Is is possible to walk in parallel through these sequences and compare them.
I have tried the following (but this doesn't work)

foreach my $codon (@tmpArray) {

my $count = @tmpArray; #length of the array

#start at the beginning of both sequences, assuming the same length (pretty
dirty way)
for (my $i=0; $i <= (($count/2)+1); $i++) {

		$value1=@tmpArray[$i];
		$value2=@tmpArray[($count/2)+$i];

		if ($value1 eq $value2) {
        #push equal triplets in new arrays, but here it stores all found
triplets
		push @newArray1, $value1;
		push @newArray2, $value2;
		}