[Bioperl-l] Offering to help

Kevin Clancy kpclancy at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:49:35 UTC 2009

Hi Guys
You might also want to check out Ontologies  for Biomedical Investigations - OBI
http://obi-ontology.org/page/Main_Page
I've been following this thread and am intreagued by the use of roles in Moose. So if I have a defined ontology with classes, each of which has roles, can that be dropped into the Moose framework?
The main reason for asking is that a lot of work has gone into OBI including normalizing the ontology to others in the national center for biomedical ontologies http://bioontology.org/ and obo foundry http://www.obofoundry.org/. having some of this ontological work extended into the behaviour of the Bio* languages would be an interesting extension of these projects. My main concern with FuGE is that I don't know how compatable it is with these communities.
kevin