[Bioperl-l] Re mote Blast and Report

Ocar Campos ocarnorsk138 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:40:44 UTC 2009

Hello:

According to the documentation, depending on the database you want to use,
you modify the parameter, so what you did I think it should work, there is a
list of databases you can remoteblast and that is this one:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/staff/tao/URLAPI/remote_blastdblist.html
I think General Databases is where you should search.

About the 800 Accession Numbers, wether you have the accesion numbers all in
one file or in different files, i think the creation of the object should
work doing it only once, what you should have in the loop is the line that
sends the file to blast, and the lines that parse the report, this only if
you have the accession numbers in more than one file.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

O'car Campos C.
Bioinformatics Engineering Student.