[Bioperl-l] Offering to help

Bruno Vecchi vecchi.b at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:53:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been using BioPerl for a couple of years now, so first of all,
thanks to all the devs that made it possible.

Although I have only used a fraction of it, I think I am now acquainted
with it enough to be useful in some way. I offer then to help with any
issue that needs taken care of.

I have written a wrapper for the Qcons <http://tsailab.tamu.edu/Qcons/> (
http://tsailab.tamu.edu/Qcons/)
application (calculates protein-protein contacts), you can look at the
code at my github repository <http://github.com/brunoV/qcons/tree/master> (
http://github.com/brunoV/qcons/tree/master).
Don't know if it will be useful or not (or any of the other modules that
I've
written for my personal use, feel free to look).

If there is anything else that you feel that I would be able to do, I'd
be happy to. My current field is more involved with wet-lab work
(antibody engineering), but I like programming a lot and I think this
will be a great chance to keep learning while still contributing.

Cheers,

   Bruno.