[Bioperl-l] Next-gen modules

Elia Stupka e.stupka at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Jun 20 20:12:18 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

I agree. I have not written a single line of code so far, while Heikki
has some (but has been silent for a while) and you have perhaps some
code ready to roll. I am happy to help where needed, just let me know
what you'd like me to focus on. If you want to go ahead and implement
the fastq staff discussed I can focus on bioperl-run.

cheers

Elia

On 19 Jun 2009, at 21:57, Chris Fields wrote:

> So, to follow up (and make sure we don't have any overlapping tuits)
> we should probably determine who wants to work on what (i.e. fastq
> updating, etc). I think it's possible to quickly add in Solexa/
> Illumina/Sanger fastq similar to BioPython, just don't want to step
> on anyone's toes if they are halfway through doing this.
>
> chris
>
> On Jun 17, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Elia Stupka wrote:
>
>> Better than colorspaced discussions for sure ;)
>>
>> Elia
>>
>> On 17 Jun 2009, at 21:35, Chris Fields wrote:
>>
>>> So, #1 priority is to get fastq up-to-speed, then maybe assess
>>> other options.
>>>
>>> Illuminating discussion, thanks Elia!
>>>
>>> urgh, excuse unintended bad pun above...
>>>
>>> chris

>> ---
>> Senior Lecturer, Bioinformatics
>> UCL Cancer Institute