[Bioperl-l] bioperl reorganization

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 12:23:50 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I don't want to wade in too deeply, but I like the idea of splitting
things up.  I think the Bio::Graphics split has gone well and has made
life easier in GBrowse world.  I could see Bio::DB::SeqFeature and
Bio::DB::GFF being split and either being kept together or going there
separate ways (though I have a nagging suspicion that SeqFeature code
depends on GFF code in a few places, so it may make sense to just keep
them together.

And Chris, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think anything
you've done or not done has held up GBrowse2.

Scott