[Bioperl-l] parsing a phyloxml file

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 22:31:32 UTC 2009

Chrysanthi,

if your error message still says

'XML::LibXML::Reader module - your libxml2 is compiled without reader
support!'

then in all likelihood that is precisely your problem. NEXUS or newick
are not XML formats and hence whether they work or not says nothing as
to why you are getting this error.

Chris also indicates that after updating your libxml2 you will have to
recompile and reinstall XML::LibXML so that it recognized and compiles
with the newer libxml2 capabilities. Have you done that?

	-hilmar