[Bioperl-l] How to retrieve info about whether a Seq is a partial or complete CDS

Christopher Goddard cgoddard at flmnh.ufl.edu
Wed Jan 28 18:02:21 UTC 2009

I need to determine if a Bio::Seq object returned from GenBank by a
Bio::DB::GenBank->get_Stream_by_query() call is a partial or complete
coding sequence.  This information is given in the description for a
sequence when performing a search on Entrez.  However, using the method
desc() for the sequences returned doesn't relay this information, at
least not all of the time.  If someone could point me in the right
direction on where I could retrieve this information I would be really
appreciative.

Thanks
Chris