[Bioperl-l] Heat map module ?

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Jan 12 15:28:54 UTC 2009

Personally I'd not try and run R within RSPerl or the like so much as
I'd

1) write my data file out in a nice table (to a tempdir)
2) write out a file with the series of R commands you need to make the
heatmap (with full path to the datafile)
  have the script generate a PNG
3) run the command `R --no-save < tempdir/tempscript.R
4) return the PNG as the result from the cgi and/or tempfile and/or
using a CGI session
5) cleanup the tempdir and depending on what you do, tag the png file
for cleanup after a certain time.

-jason